Sinusitis symptoms and treatment, What Is Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a disease that occurs when the cavities in the facial bones are filled with inflamed tissue. Nasal congestion, yellow-green nasal discharge, nasal discharge, headache and difficulty in smelling manifests itself. What are the symptoms of sinusitis ?
What Is Sinusitis?
- The sinuses are defined as air cavities in the bones around the nose. There are five sinuses in humans.
- These include cheek sinuses (maxillary sinuses),
- Frontal sinuses (frontal sinuses),
- sinuses between the eyes (anterior and posterior sinuses),
- sinuses in the nasal region (sphenoid sinuses)
In infants and children, the emergence of the sinuses in adults, starting from the development of 12-14 years is completed. However, they are between the ages of 22 and 24 to get their final version.The sinuses are part of the nose system that makes up the normal secretion (mucus). Normally, the nose and sinuses secrete about half a liter of mucus a day.
They move in the mucosa membranes produced (mucous membranes) and sweep and destroy dust particles, bacteria and other airborne particles. This mucus is then filtered out of the throat again and swallowed.
The particles in the bacteria are broken down by the stomach acid. Many people are not aware of it because it is a normal body function.Sinusitis is a general definition of mucosa inflammation that covers the sinuses around the nose. The term rhinosinusitis is used instead of the term sinusitis because only the sinus mucosa is not affected by the sinus mucosa.
In general, sinusitis occurs as a result of not emptying the mucus produced by the lining mucosa into the nose. There are three main factors that cause this.The presence of one or more of these factors in the mucus causes sinusitis by accumulating in the sinuses of bacteria.
- Sinusitis is usually classified in the following way:
- acute sinuzitkronik
- sinuzitsubakut (repeated)
- acute sinusitis acute
- exacerbation of chronic sinusitis
Symptoms Of Sinusitis
The symptoms of sinusitis vary from person to person. In general, people think that sinusitis is when the head or face hurts, whereas sinusitis makes itself very little difference with pain. In sinusitis, the rate of pain is around 5 percent. Sinusitis is more prominent complaints, nasal congestion, sound distortion, percent fullness sensation and nasal discharge is known as. In general, symptoms of sinusitis can be defined as this;
- Persistent cough at night or morning,
- Yellow-green, dark-colored nasal discharge,
- Pressure feeling around the eye,
- Bad smell in the breath, loss of smell, nausea and/or vomiting,
- Cold (flu/flu) lasting more than 10-14 days, sometimes a slight increase in fever,
- Nasal congestion and snoring,
- Sometimes burning in the throat with a runny nose,
- Changes in behavior,
Treatment Of Sinusitis
If sinusitis is not treated correctly, chronic pharyngitis, chronic gastritis, reflux, eye circumference infection and abscesses, meningitis, brain abscess can cause very serious diseases such as. The diagnosis of sinusitis is made by examination of otolaryngology and endoscopic examination, direct grafting and sinus tomography. “Acute”, “Subacute” and “Chronic” diseases that are classified as; acute sinusitis takes about 4 weeks.
It passes through the drug treatment or by itself. Subacute sinusitis is a transitional phase. Acute sinusitis does not heal at this stage, and chronic sinusitis does not occur completely. Chronic sinusitis lasts for more than 3 months. First of all, antibiotic treatment is applied. If sinusitis is chronic, that is, medication can not be treated with sinusitis surgery may come up.